The Qatar Foundation is accepting nominations for the WISE Awards to recognize and promote six successful and innovative projects that are addressing global educational challenges and transforming communities.
The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Types of Projects
The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.
The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- its innovative nature;
- its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
- the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
Winning projects are supported by WISE through different channels:
- Money Prize: Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US $ 20,000.
- WISE Communications: Projects recognized by WISE are featured on the website, showcased and shared with the WISE community via social media.
- Multimedia productions: Special documentaries and videos are produced to showcase the work of the winning projects.
- WISE Books: Several WISE Awards finalists and winning projects have been featured in WISE Books which explore current challenges and solutions facing 21st-century education.
- The Global Summit and WISE @: Representatives from Award winning projects are also given the opportunity to present and discuss their work at dedicated sessions during the global biennial summit in Doha, Qatar or WISE regional summits, WISE @. In addition, projects are offered an opportunity to participate in global events organized in collaboration with WISE.
- Support to other WISE programs: Representative of former winning projects have been involved in other WISE projects, either through mentorship, participation in the selection processes, and fellowship programs.
- The 2022 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Ongoing / existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- Applications: Applications should be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold WISE liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Appointments: Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project, this could be a beneficiary, partnering organization, government agency… etc. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by WISE, nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill out the nomination form. However, WISE will contact nominated projects if they are shortlisted for the Pre-Jury evaluation.
- Previous Applicants: Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different – project.
- Previous Winners: Previous recipients of the WISE Awards are not eligible to apply for the 2022 WISE Awards. Moreover, others involved in the projects and / or activities that have received previous WISE Awards are not eligible to apply on behalf of the same project or activity.
For more information, visit https://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-works/wise-awards