The Atal New India Challenges initiative by Atal Innovation Mission is aimed at supporting innovators creating products based on advanced technologies in areas of national importance and social relevance through a grant based mechanism, with access to handholding, mentoring and other technical support.
Atal New India Challenge is a flagship program of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog. The program aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance.
Types of Challenges
- Challenge 1
- Access to Education – School Drop-Outs
- Solution to model, predict and prevent dropouts to ensure 100% GER at school level and 50% GER in higher education
- Challenge 2
- Access to Education – Ed-Tech
- Innovations to ensure access to education for all and impactful learning in children
- Challenge 3
- Equity in Education – interactive school infrastructure
- Solutions to make the school infrastructure conducive to learning and resilient to extreme weather conditions
- Challenge 4
- Access to Education – education delivery for specially-abled students
- Innovations in improving the delivery of education to students with special needs to improve the learning outcome
ANIC solicits innovations in the prototype stage and supports the selected start-ups through to the commercialization stage over a course of 12 – 18 months by funding up to INR 1 crore and other associated support from the AIM innovation ecosystem.
- Any Indian company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956/2013, primarily a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) as defined in the MSMED Act, 2006
- Any company registered as a Start-up, as defined, and recognized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
- The majority stake (more than 51%) of the applicant entity must be held in India.
For more information, visit https://apply.aim-challenges.in/public/application/inc/632175023009694d38cda4d5