Deadline: 30 April 2019
Better World Books is looking for nonprofit organizations with “Life Changing” ideas which help advance a compelling literacy project.
Grants are intended to compile a wide range of projects and fund the ones that have the longest-lasting impact in their library or community.
Better World Books partners with thousands of libraries across the world. In addition to working with international nonprofit groups like Room to Read and Books for Africa, they also fund community-focused projects that have an impact at the local level.
Better World Books believes in the power of knowledge. So their goal is to help those who supply it and share it with those who crave it.
- The maximum grant amount per project will be $10,000 in North America or £10,000 in U.K. (or equivalent in Euros).
- Applicants can apply for a grant that is less than this amount.
- Nonprofit applications are open to nonprofit organizations globally.
- Library applications will be open to libraries located in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.
- Projects should address the literacy needs of under-served populations in their community. Literacy needs are defined by broadly identifying, understanding, interpreting, creating, communicating, and computing information to live a more fulfilling and productive life.
- Projects that will have a measurable and long term impact on an under-served population and will continue to operate after grant funds have been utilized will be looked upon favorably.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://cares.betterworldbooks.com/grants/literacy-grants-for-nonprofits/