Deadline: 31 March 2020
Parague Civil Society Centre is seeking applications for its Bistro.edu E-learning Accelerator Programme.
New technologies have opened up exciting opportunities for online education, which is empowering people to learn on their own terms, think critically and develop ideas. Online learning is an increasingly accepted way to acquire knowledge, and there are some great platforms out there. However, generally speaking, Eastern Europe and Central Asia lag behind this trend, despite the huge potential for online learning in this region.
Bistro.edu is all about giving existing multimedia educational courses, content and platforms—especially those providing materials in the region’s many languages—the boost they need to reach bigger audiences, produce better content and provide the best learning experience possible.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
This year’s Bistro.edu accelerator will begin with a five-day intensive workshop in Kharkiv, Ukraine, where participants will enjoy access to expert help and advice regarding their projects. The strongest of these projects will be selected by a jury to receive a cash injection and continued expert support after the workshop ends.
How does Bistro.edu work?
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Bistro.edu brings together people dedicated to developing new and captivating formats that make education more attractive and accessible. Industry experts will lead intensive workshops tailored to the specific needs of the participants and offer guidance on their individual projects.
In addition to mentoring during the workshop, participants will have a chance to pitch their project for additional funding and support beyond the workshop phase.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The best projects stand to be awarded up to €8,000 and continued mentorship for up to 8 months.
- Coaching in preparation for the pitching session will be provided.
- The organisers will cover the travel and accommodation expenses of all participants invited to the event.
Who is Bistro.edu for?
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The programme is designed for civil society organisations, small businesses, start-ups and educational institutions engaged in the production and/or distribution of online educational content in the following areas:
- Humanities, social and political sciences
- Economy and financial literacy
- History, art and culture
- Active citizenship, civil society activism, urban initiatives
- Gender studies and women empowerment
- Social entrepreneurship
- IT, programming, video-making, graphic-design, and similar specifically designed for young audiences
- Development of soft skills
- Global challenges
- Bistro.edu is looking for new (but already functioning) online educational projects that offer educational content (audio, text, visual etc.) and have an active following of users in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Prague Civil Society Centre wants to support these projects to do some or any of the following: develop, scale-up, add content, improve visually, upgrade software, enhance visibility and market themselves more effectively.
- They are particularly interested in supporting online educational initiatives in the national languages of this region. While will accept Russian and English language content providers, one of the aims of Bistro.edu is to promote projects that are capable of reaching non-English and non-Russian speaking audiences outside of large cities.
- While they will not accept projects that are fully commercial in nature, they are interested in those that have a monetisation and sustainability strategy.
You can fill in the application form in either English or Russian, but please note that the working language of the Bistro.edu workshop is Russian.
For more information, visit https://praguecivilsociety.org/call-for-applications-bistro-edu-e-learning-accelerator/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.