UNESCO is inviting interested young women and men in the Arab region to participate in this online program which will offer an innovative, informative, exciting and empowering opportunity to learn as well as contribute ideas and create solutions on ESD and Green TVET, especially for the Arab region.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNESCO Beirut Office and ODDD collective (GAP on ESD – Partner Network 4) are organizing the UNESCO Online Leadership Training Program on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) & Green Technical and Vocational Education & Training (TVET) for Arab Youth taking place during the month of September 2020.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Designed for young people from the Arab region aged 18-35 who are active leaders in sustainable development in their communities and regions, this training seeks to:
- Empower youth leaders to inspire and mobilize others to take action towards building more sustainable, just and resilient communities
- Build a youth-led ESD and Green TVET network for exchange and collaboration
The program seeks to apply a joint cross-sectoral, inter-disciplinary, and innovative approach that combines elements from both UNESCO programs, with a focus on the empowerment and leadership of youth in the Arab region, as change agents for sustainable development, through 3 main pillars:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Development and implementation of capacity-building framework for Youth Leaders
- Follow-up and mentorship with the trained youth for implementation of local initiatives
- Establishment of youth-led network for continuous exchange and collaboration on ESD & Green TVET
To be eligible for participation in the Training Course, you must:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Be between 18-35 years of age as of.
- Have demonstrated active engagement in ESD or in Green TVET as an educator, trainer, member of a non-governmental organization (NGO), private sector professional, policy maker, researcher, student or in any other relevant capacity.
- Have a good command of English, and be able to actively participate in all the sessions.
- Be able to attend the full program of the Training Course.
- Wish to meet and collaborate with other ESD/Green TVET youth leaders from around the world.
- Have success stories or innovative initiatives to share, and wishing to contribute to the global conversation on ESD/Green TVET.
- Be committed to mobilize youth peers in their community within 1 year after participating in the Workshop for ESD and Green TVET Youth Leaders and empower them to be actively engaged with ESD and /or Green TVET activities.
- Be interested in being invited to participate as ESD and/or Green TVET youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
- be from one of the below countries of the Arab region: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
For more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/news/call-applications-unesco-online-leadership-training-arab-youth-esd-and-green-tvet