Democracy Reporting International / Office for the Promotion of Democracy (DRI) in cooperation with the Vostok-SOS Charitable Foundation is inviting young activists and leaders to participate in the School of Youth in Politics.
The task of the School is to acquaint young activists and leaders from south-eastern Ukraine with the tools of participation in democratic processes at the local level. It is expected that school participants, armed with knowledge and universal tools for monitoring / influencing the authorities, will become subjects of change and part of the decision-making process at the local level.
The course will include lectures, interactive discussions, and practical assignments from the best trainers in the following areas: a political system in Ukraine, human rights in politics, decentralization opportunities for communities, tools for communication and protection of local communities, practical tools of democracy, project management, disinformation, etc.
After training, participants:
- Understand the functions and competencies of the authorities and know-how to influence decisions made at the local and national levels;
- Will have the competencies/skills/tools of active public participation and development of local democracy;
- Will be able to apply in practice the acquired knowledge on reform monitoring, communication, and advocacy;
- Will know how to develop and implement their own projects.
They expect participants:
- Aged 18 to 35 who want to improve their knowledge and skills in practical democracy, as well as learn to develop and successfully implement their own political projects and initiatives;
- Who after passing the School are ready to implement the acquired knowledge and skills;
- Who will take a full part in all activities of the School (expected involvement – up to 3 hours a day on weekdays);
- Priority will be given to candidates from the south-eastern regions of Ukraine.
For more information, visit https://democracy-reporting.org/ua/ukraine-call-for-participants-in-youth-in-politics-school/