The EU Global Diaspora Facility (EUDiF) is pleased to launch the Diaspora Professionals 4 Development (DP4D) Program to facilitate short-term human capital transfer activities from diaspora professionals towards institutions.
DP4D makes the most of the know-how and enthusiasm of professionals from the diaspora willing to share their skills and experience in development projects through remunerated virtual and/or onsite assignments.
DP4D mechanism facilitates short-term knowledge and skills transfer between diaspora professionals and public institutions from partner countries or regional organisations. This pilot mechanism aims to make the most of the know-how and enthusiasm of professionals from diaspora of the partner countries who are willing to share their skills and experience in development projects in their country of heritage. They recognise the value of cultural knowledge, language skills and access to local networks that can enhance impact and sustainability of interventions.
EUDiF focuses on development projects in sectors where diaspora are suitable agents of change, where brain drain is particularly high and short-term human capital transfer schemes can be beneficial. Requesting institution are encouraged to identify a niche within the following list of priority sectors:
- Develop strategic documents and/or training tools
- Organise knowledge transfer events
- Conduct assessments, research and/or evaluations
- Provide know-how for visibility and communication activities
- Facilitate networking and partnerships
- Only public institutions from partner countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southern Neighbourhoods, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific are eligible to apply.
- Intergovernmental organisations composed by sovereign states in Africa, Asia, Eastern and Southern Neighbourhoods, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific whose membership is characterised by pertaining to a specific geographic, geopolitical, economic or other common trait. International organisations are not eligible to apply.
- If you represent a diaspora organisation in Europe, a partner country (local or central authorities) or a regional organisation, these opportunities are for you!
For more information, visit https://diasporafordevelopment.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Guidelines_DP4D_EN.pdf