- Awards of £7,000-£15,000 are available for collaborative projects that enable British and Japanese partners to work together in the context of an institutional relationship.
- In order to fund as many applications as they possibly can, give their limited budget, they typically award an average of £7,000 to successful Award applications.
What kind of Projects is eligible?
Daiwa Foundation Awards can cover projects in academic, professional, arts, cultural and educational fields. Awards seek to encourage the development and sustainability of UK-Japan partnerships between such organisations as museums and art galleries, theatres and performing arts groups, schools and universities, and grassroots and professional bodies. Any project which involves a significant level of collaboration between British and Japanese partners can be considered.
What kind of Projects is not eligible?
Daiwa Foundation Awards cannot be used for:
- any project that does not involve both a British and a Japanese partner
- general appeals
- capital expenditure (eg, building refurbishment, equipment acquisition, etc)
- school, college or university fees
- research or study by an individual school/college/university student
- salary costs or professional fees
- commissions for works of art
- retrospective grants
- replacement of statutory funding
- commercial activities
For more information, visit https://dajf.org.uk/daiwa-foundation-small-grants-and-awards/daiwa-foundation-awards