Deadline: 2 December 2016
Open Society Foundations is seeking applications for its Inclusive Education Scholarship Program to offer awards to individuals from China, Czech Republic, Ukraine, and selected countries in Africa and Latin America for an 18-month master of education degree.
The program’s objective is to provide education advocates and professionals with a foundation in the principles, values, and practices of inclusive education so that they will be equipped to lead reform of education policy and practice in their home countries.
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Program-related travel;
- Accident and health insurance during the program;
- Funds for educational materials and professional development;
- All costs associated with pre-academic summer program and annual conference;
- Support for students with disabilities to obtain reasonable accommodations necessary for participating in the program of study.
- Be a citizen and legal resident of Argentina, China, Czech Republic, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Peru, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Zambia, or Zimbabwe at the time of application
- Have work experience in education with a demonstrated interest in advancing inclusive education
- Have an excellent academic record with a bachelor’s degree in teaching, public administration/policy, anthropology, social work, psychology, or related field—degree must be awarded by application deadline
- Have demonstrated leadership in the field of education
- Be proficient in spoken and written English and able to meet university-designated minimum scores on standardized language tests
- Be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in Summer 2017
- Be able to begin the graduate program in August 2017
- Be able to receive and maintain visa or study permit to the United States
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to home country to contribute to advancing inclusive education in their national contexts
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Inclusive Education Scholarship Program.