The U.S. Embassy in Paraguay has announced the 2021-2022 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) to identify young people who have not had the opportunity to study in the United States. Successful applicants will have in-depth exposure to America’s society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled in undergraduate full – time (ie 4 classes of 3 credits each) and can choose classes study the existing plan in the institution hostess s will was assigned by the program . It is important to clarify that this exchange is not conducive to a university degree.
Participants must án take a course, your choice on American studies 3 credits to improve their understanding of the United States. The contemplated exchange participants can take classes in every race course with exception to those offered at the graduate level in the United States as being medicine or law. The program will assign participants the University to which they will go according to their interests and academic profile.
Participants will live in accommodation facilities Ntro campus college (university residences) with fellow Americans and will be asked to perform twenty (20) hours of community service . There will also be a virtual orientation at the beginning of the program and a final in-person workshop at the end of the program.
- Cost of the VISA application (type J-1). It is not feasible to travel with a tourist visa.
- Air ticket (round trip).
- Tuition and University fee for one semester.
- Basic medical plan.
- Required books.
- A monthly payment for unforeseen expenses.
- Internal air tickets in the United States (from the university to Washington , DC at the end of the Program).
- Be Paraguayan (studying and living in the country).
- Be at least 18 years old (at the time of application). There is no age limit.
- Be enrolled in the University and have completed at least the first semester of the degree. Participants must have at least one semester to graduate upon returning from the UGRAD exchange. Your semester in the United States cannot be your last semester of the degree.
- Have a very good academic level.
- Have a good level of English. A pre-selected / get to, applicants must take the exam international TOEFL and achieve the minimum score of 48 points in the iBT version.
- Little or no experience in the United States .
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and have a history of participation in volunteer or community support activities.
- Show initiative, good communication, and good teamwork.
- Have the corresponding medical approval to travel.
- Commitment to return to Paraguay at the end of the program.
- Complete the application form in its entirety and attach all the required documentation.
For more information, visit https://py.usembassy.gov/es/convocatoria-abierta-para-el-programa-global-undergraduate-exchange-paraguay-2021-2022/