Startup Africa has launched the applications for Local Challenged for Glocal Innovators to create Impact locally, growth globally while delivering sustainable solutions.
Next Generation Africa 21-22 is the accelerator project for African startups, innovators, makers, and young talents who intend to develop products or services with high potential impact driving the local economy.
The 20 startups selected by Startup Africa Roadtrip will be supported with a unique boot camp week in Kampala, Uganda in August 16th – 21th 2021.
Mentors and experts are ready to give the unique boost and mentorship to the final startups to take off in the market.
From networking to learning and prototyping, this is the opportunity to experience a 360° journey that aims to enrich your team not only professionally but humanly as well.
They bring a next-level accelerator and mentorship program that lays on thrilling roller coasters of activities of different natures and formats and emotions to enable as much creativity, craziness as possible.
Their team of young professionals is ready to guide the startups through actionable best practices, inspiring talks, memorable group activities and one-in-a-life opportunities.
They want to tackle bias and communications barriers to raise valuable ideas that not only enrich the local community but create an ethical impact worldwide.
- Sustainable Economy & Mobility: Waste-tech solutions, carbon free mobility, urban mobility management
- Healthcare: Medical devices, drugs development, telemedicine, wellness, health-data, diagnostics, care management, nutrition
- ICT & Fintech: B2B SaaS, payments, B2B and B2C lending
- Agribusiness & Agritech: New farming systems, alternative feed supplies, new foods, agri-data business for monitoring and/or planning, new tools for farming and breeding
- Education: Learning platforms, education financing, tutoring/teaching marketplaces
- Tourism & Hospitality: Travel/experiences marketplaces, pricing optimization solutions, co-working, co-housing, prop-tech
The awarded startups will have the possibility to participate in the Italian Roadshow during the Digital Week. But not only:
- Create valuable and long term connection between system stakeholders
- Immerge the participants into a networking system made of mentors, potential investors, partners, startups and interesting people
- Close collaboration with domain experts and multinational company known worldwide
- Bring to life not only learning moments but exciting, engaging and inspiring events
- Improve early business features with tailored mentorship and tutoring
- Study projects’ values and work together to enhance the potentiality that the project has
- Improve the storytelling to build up killer elevator pitches
- Bring startups in front of business angels and people that matter and foster conversation
- Build bridges with international ecosystems
- Be part of their future contacts base for exciting future opportunities and collaborations
- Merge the teams into a unique and out-of-the-box learning experience delivered by professional in an exclusive educational methodology
- Provide an always-ready business tools archive for startups to consult and use in the future
- Create a stable community of professionals and people joined by the same passions and ambitions
- The startup can be based anywhere in the African continent but its product/service must have potential application/scalability in the East African region (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, etc…)
- The average age of the team: 25 years old
- The project should fit in one of the 6 social-impact topics mentioned above
For more information, visit https://startupafricaroadtrip.com/next-generation-africa-2021-2022/