This is an intensive five-week academic program with a purpose to provide undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The program will include students from Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iraq, and Lebanon, who are interested in enhancing their knowledge of Religious Diversity and Democracy. SUSI program will be hosted by Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, during the summer 2023; exact dates pending. Should health, safety, and travel conditions continue to pose significant challenges, the program will pivot to a modified virtual format.
- This program is merit-based. To be considered, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Lebanese citizens or holders of the Special Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees issued by the Lebanese authorities (U.S. citizens, dual-U.S. citizens, and U.S. permanent residents are ineligible to apply);
- Undergraduates in the first, second, or third year of a full-time undergraduate program at a registered academic institution in Lebanon at the time of application and have at least one semester remaining in their university studies after the end of this program;
- 18-25 years old; and
- Fluent in English
- Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Interest in religious diversity and democracy;
- Commitment to returning to Lebanon to complete university studies;
- Commitment to community and extracurricular activities;
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of the program; and
- Comfort with campus life, shared living accommodations, and cultural/social adaptability.
For more information, visit https://lb.usembassy.gov/2023-susi-for-global-student-leaders-on-religious-diversity-and-democracy/