The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research is nominating for its Emerging Leader Award.
The Mark Foundation Emerging Leader Awards support innovative cancer research from the next generation of leaders. These grants are awarded to outstanding early career investigators to support high-impact, high-risk projects that are distinct from their current research portfolio.
- The grant amount is $250,000 per year for three (3) years totaling $750,000.
- Indirect costs are not to exceed 10% of direct costs and are included in total.
- In Year 3, at The Mark Foundation’s discretion, select Awardees may be invited to apply for up to two (2) years of additional funding depending on project progress.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent is required.
- Applicants need not be U.S. citizens but must be employed by a U.S. non-profit academic institution.
- Applicants must be three to nine years from the start of an independent faculty research appointment as of December 31, 2021 (i.e., the official start date of the appointment must fall within the calendar years 2012-2018). Exceptions due to prolonged medical or family leave will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- This award is not intended to be the main source of funding for the applicant’s laboratory. Applicants must demonstrate multi-year independent funding that sustains the central activities of the laboratory (e.g., at least one or two grants such as NIH/R01, NSF/CAREER, or equivalently substantial multi-year awards). Individual eligibility will be determined during the review process.
- Projects for this award must be centered on evidence-based laboratory, data, and/or medical science.
- Proposed projects must not be supported by other sources of funding. Finalists will be asked to discuss any potential overlap with other current or pending awards during the interview.
- Only one submission per applicant is permitted.
- If selected, finalists must be available for virtual interviews.
- The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
For more information, visit https://themarkfoundation.org/emerging-leader-award/