U.S. Embassy in Armenia is seeking applications for its Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) to provide a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university.
Global UGRAD is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented backgrounds who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate coursework chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers, and will be required to participate in twenty hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop.
What Students Gain from Global UGRAD
- Leadership Skills
- Intercultural Understanding
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Exchange Experience
- New Friendships
- Community Service
- Applicants must be a citizen of Armenia.
- Applicants must be studying in Armenia.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 48iBT.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the United States or outside of Armenia.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Armenia after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age.
For more information, visit https://www.usa.am/cms/announcements.php