Deadline: 6 January 2020
The U.S. Embassy is currently accepting applications for its 2020 Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders Women’s Leadership program whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate students with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The five-week program will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community.
The Institutes will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Study of the U.S. Institutes for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership will examine the history and participation of women in public life in the United States.
The Institute will focus on two major areas:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society.
- The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
- U.S. Embassy-sponsored programs, the U.S. Government pays for all major expenses, including roundtrip airfare, shared accommodation during the program, meals and health insurance.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age, and/or physical impairment.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Candidates must be:
- Women aged 18-25
- Lebanese or Holders of the Special Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees issued by the Lebanese authorities. American citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Student who have completed at least one semester of university and have at least one semester remaining in their university studies after the end of this program; students who have already graduated from university are ineligible.
- Fluent in English
- Interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership
- Committed to returning to Lebanon to complete their degree
- Committed to community and extracurricular activities
- Willing to participate fully in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- Comfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
For more information, visit https://lb.usembassy.gov/2020-susi-for-student-leaders-womens-leadership-program/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.