Deadline: 31 December 2016
The U.S. Department of State and World Learning are seeking applications for its Global UGRAD Program for undergraduates for the 2017-2018 Program. The program provides scholarships for one semester of study in a non-degree program in all fields at a university in the United States.
The goal of the program is to provide a substantive exchange experience at a U.S. college or university for a diverse group of emerging undergraduate student leaders.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who meets the criteria below:
- A citizen of Nicaragua currently residing and studying in Nicaragua;
- Between 18-24 years of age by Saturday, December 31, 2016
- Enrolled in a fulltime undergraduate degree program at an accredited public or private university
- Completed his/her first year of university studies by December 2016
- Have at least one semester or equivalent term to graduate by May 2018
- Not enrolled in his/her final year of studies at the time of application
- A solid command of written and spoken English, strong enough to study in a U.S. university. (A TOEFL equivalent of 480 or higher).
- Has sustained high level of academic achievement (cumulative percentage: 80%)
- Priority given to economically disadvantaged students, or those who represent a minority or disadvantaged group
- Have had little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country
- Able to begin studies in the United States in January 2018 or August 2017 for English Language Training (only for some finalists)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Nicaragua
For more information, please visit Global UGRAD Program.