Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Emirati’s unique culture and traditions with Americans.
Participants are chosen through an open, merit-based competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and the ability to adjust to life in the United States are all considered.
Once accepted into the Fulbright Program, every Fulbrighter becomes part of a global network of engaged, dedicated Fulbright alumni.
The Fulbright Program is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational and cultural exchange program, creating connections in a complex and changing world.
Led by the U.S. government in partnership with 160 countries worldwide, Fulbright builds lasting connections between the people of the United States and the people of other countries around the world, building mutual understanding between nations, advancing knowledge across communities, and improving lives around the world.
The Fulbright Program provides:
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the United States;
- Book, equipment, and travel allowances;
- Monthly stipend for accommodations and meals;
- Supplemental health and accident insurance coverage plan;
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs.
- Tuition, living stipend, and travel and academic allowances.
- Opportunity to experience life in the United States and share your culture with Americans.
- Pre-academic training and enrichment seminars.
- Induction into the global Fulbright alumni network.
- Opportunity to earn a graduate degree in a field of your choice from an American university.
- Must be an Emirati citizen or a permanent resident able to hold a passport from UAE
- U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution at the time of the program start date;
- Must have a strong academic background;
- Must be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of the study program;
- Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States;
- Interested applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply as are those of all backgrounds.
For more information, visit https://ae.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchange-programs/