Deadline: 4 April 2018
The Wellcome Trust is seeking applications for its Sir Henry Dale Fellowships to support postdoctoral researchers who aim to become independent scientists leading their own groups. It is a partnership between the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust.
A Sir Henry Dale Fellowship is for five years. It may be held on a part-time basis and you can apply for renewal for an additional three years. The award includes:
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- A fellowship supplement of £7,500 for your personal support
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses, normally including one research post (postdoctoral, graduate RA or technician)
a contribution towards indirect and estate costs of £11,000 a year (from the Royal Society)
- Other costs
- If you’re already driving your own research and you’re ready to lead an independent research programme.
- You must have a PhD and significant postdoctoral research experience.
- You should have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
- You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation in the UK. Applicants who want to be based in the Republic of Ireland should apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship instead.
- If you’re proposing to stay in your current department, you should describe in your application how this proposal will further your independent scientific career.
- If you’ve been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: UK
For further information, please visit Wellcome Trust.