Deadline: 10 January 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The National Geographic/Buffett Awards for Leadership in Conservation were established in partnership with the Howard G. Buffett Foundation to recognize and celebrate unsung conservation heroes who are working in the field.
Two awards are presented each year: one for achievement in Africa and the other for achievement in Latin America. These outstanding individuals have demonstrated leadership in managing and protecting the natural resources in their regions and countries, and are inspirational conservation advocates who serve as role models and mentors.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Howard G. Buffett is president of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, which focuses on humanitarian and conservation issues. An agriculturalist, businessman, and widely published photographer, Buffett is also a member of the Commission on Presidential Debates, serves as a United Nations Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations World Food Programme, and is a member of National Geographic’s Council of Advisors.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Nominee must be a citizen from a country in Africa or Latin America where he/she develops the conservation work. Expatriates do not qualify for these awards, although they recognize the important work they do around the world
- Nominee must be an accomplished individual that has created positive change in his/her community through conservation
- Buffett Awards are NOT lifetime achievement awards, nor are they early career awards. Thus nominees must be at the peak of their careers as conservation leaders
- Buffett Awards are NOT conservation grants
- Preference will be given to nominees who have not received multiple conservation awards
- Preference will be given to nominees with species-focused conservation efforts
- Individuals nominating themselves will not be considered
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.nationalgeographic.org/events/festival/awards/buffett/