Deadline: 1 June 2019
The Forest and Farm Facility is looking for apex regional (i.e. present in more than one country) and global forest and farm producers’ organizations, or consortia of such organizations, to collaborate with and support.
This round of grants will focus on ways organizations can improve their service delivery to their national or local members.
The Objective of the grants is to link local voices and learning to global processes through genuine participatory processes communication and information sharing.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Forest and Farm Facility brings together four international partner organizations: the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and AgriCord.
They are looking for proposals that show how the regional/global organization will support their members in:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Promoting or influencing for more inclusive governance and cross-sectorial processes
- Improving their capacity for increased entrepreneurship, access to markets and finance, and business development services
- Improving delivery of landscape scale mitigation, adaptation and resilience for climate change
- Enhancing their capacity for improved and equitable access to social and cultural services.
Financial Contribution and Duration
- Each project proposal can request up to USD 75,000. FFF grants are payable to the beneficiary organization in three instalments, upon the reception and acceptance by FAO of linked requirements such as progress and/or financial reports.
- All activities should be completed within 12 months.
- The grants cannot cover any activities that take place before the signature of the grant agreement.
Type of Activities
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
These grants will support the organisations to:
- Build or strengthen capacity of national level members organisations to get involved in decision making processes through training in policy formulation, lobbying and negotiating with donors;
- Build or strengthen the engagement in productive processes of national organizations through experience sharing such as exchange visits, regional/global meetings, setting up virtual information exchange portals etc.
- Facilitate networking and exchange visits between local organisations, including those communities that are marginalised, not yet well organised and non-networked;
- Collaborate and add value to in-country FFF activities.
- Strengthen their own, or establish links with other providers of services that meets members needs and priorities
- Build a strategy with their national members to leverage additional funding for their members
Outcomes and Outputs of the Forest and Farm Facility
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The proposals will need to show a clear link with at least one outcome and related outputs.
- Outcome 1. More enabling policy and legal frameworks for FFPOs delivered through more FFPO inclusive governance and cross-sectoral processes
- Output 1.1- FFPOs have clear advocacy agendas that represent all their members’ interest
- Output 1.2- Cross-sectoral, multi-stakeholder policy processes strengthened with better representation from forest and farm producers
- Outcome 2. Increased entrepreneurship, access to markets and finance through gender equitable value chains delivered through new capacity to provide business incubation within FFPOs.
- Output 2.1- FFPOs have capacity to deliver targeted business incubation services to their members
- Output 2.2- FFPOs (and their members) have improved access to business, marketing and financial services.
- Outcome 3: Improved delivery of landscape scale mitigation, adaptation and climate resilience for climate change through direct engagement of FFPOs and integration with inclusive livelihood approaches
- Output 3.1- FFPOs contribution in climate and landscape level programs has increased the outreach of these programs
- Output 3.2- FFPOs have mainstreamed climate change into their operations
- Outcome 4: Improved and equitable access to social and cultural services
- Output 4.1- FFPOs have systems in place to provide social and cultural services (targeting the most vulnerable members)
- Output 4.2- FFPOs link their social and cultural development agenda to national SDG process and other governmental development processes
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- International or regional (i.e. representing more than one country) smallholder, women, community and Indigenous Peoples networks, or alliances of forest forums, forest and farm producer organisations, associations or forest user groups. Consortia of apex organizations will also be eligible.
These grants will be awarded to organisations, who demonstrate:
- Representative and broad based constituency, and a mandate to undertake work on behalf of forest and farm producer organizations;
- A sound understanding and / or objectives for policy influence, advocacy and economic strengthening of POs;
- Experiences in managing grants;
- Gender activities to empower women’s groups or enhance gender equality in constituencies and within member organizations;
- Existing and potential networks with a proven ability to reach marginalised or non-networked groups;
- Concrete linkages with FFF outcomes and outputs
- Strong preference will be given to proposals with current or planned linkages to FFF core and network countries (with preference for core) programme of work in-countries to help facilitate learning between FFF countries and link country efforts to regional and global agendas.
- Preference will be given to proposals that focus on participatory development and implementation of strategic issues and priorities for FFPOs linked to the four FFF outcomes. These funds are not intended to be used solely for organization of meetings and travel to events – but should support clearly defined objectives.
- Possibility and proportion of co-funding for the proposed activities.
- Engagement with programmes related to the Decade of Family Farming or other clearly identified regional and global initiatives is an asset.
The FFF will support a balanced portfolio of smallholder, women, community and Indigenous Peoples networks, and therefore, the organisations will need to demonstrate linkages with other regional and global apex organisations to enhance the support provided to other regional and global organisations.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2LGlNhp