Deadline: 5 January 2020
Applications are now for Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7 which is supported by BP.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Sustainable Development Goals clearly reflect this need for sustainable and modern energy for all, while the world’s demand for energy continues to increase.
At BP they recognise the world is clearly not on a sustainable path and needs a rapid transition to a low carbon energy system. And they need collaboration to do this.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In BP, their strategy is aligned with the Paris Agreement and they share the ambition to limit temperature rise. They are determined to be a part of the energy transition solution.
Renewables will play a key role in advancing the energy transition. They are the fastest-growing source of energy today, on course to provide at least 14% of the global energy mix by 2040. Innovative solutions have the potential to disrupt and have an even bigger impact on increasing the share of renewable energy. At BP, they have been in the renewables business for more than 20 years – they are one of the largest operators among their peers and expanding as they see more opportunities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
BP is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7. The Challenge aims to find and support innovative renewable energy solutions with the potential of substantially increasing the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Are working to improve current renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and biofuels
- Are exploring new technologies to produce the renewable energy sources of the future
- Are increasing access to and the affordability of renewable energy for all developing countries, in particular the least developed countries.
How do we increase the share of renewable energy by 2030?
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The winning solution will receive
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- A US$50,000 grant from BP
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of BP professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate their solution based on the needs of their initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG7 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
For more information, visit this link.