Deadline: 30 April 2017
This program specifically funds environmental nonprofits that use media, mostly film, as a tool tightly linked to direct-action campaigns.
Patagonia funds only environmental work, most interestingly in making grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and that approach issues with a commitment to long-term change.
Through Media Grants Program, they fund work that:
- is tied to an environmental campaign
- goes beyond education and awareness building of the general public
- is designed with a call to action for a targeted audience
- is a tool to accomplish goals within a specific environmental campaign strategy
The funding range for a Media Grant is typically between $15,000 and $30,000, depending on the specific needs of the project.
- Organizations with 501(c)(3) status or a comparable fiscal sponsor are eligible.
- trail creation, maintenance, or restoration
- any dam renovations, human-assisted fish passage infrastructure or hatchery programs
- land acquisition, land trusts, or conservation easements
- research, unless it is in direct support of a developed plan for specific action to alleviate an environmental problem
- environmental conferences
- endowment funds
- political campaigns
- green building projects
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Media Grants Program.