Deadline: 14 February 2018
Are you an organisation in one of the 14 countries mentioned below? Are you looking to import technology that would be new to your country? Would this technology have a beneficial impact on the environment, and help reduce poverty? If yes, then apply for the Demonstration Grants program.
The Demo Environment programme, financed by The Swedish Agency for Development Cooperation (Sida) is seeking applications for its Demonstration Grants program. Demonstration Projects are international technology and knowledge exchanges involving new and sustainable solutions which positively and measurably impact the environment and poverty reduction.
- Climate change adaption/mitigation
- Ecosystem services
- Renewable energy
- Water and sanitation
- Urban development
The grant can range from SEK 500,000 to 1,800,000.
- Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
- The main applicant (the Buyer) must be a company or organisation based in one of the 14 available countries (mentioned below).
- The Buyer must have identified an international partner (the Seller) that is based outside the target market and that offers the technology the buyer wants to import.
- The Buyer and Seller must have signed a purchase agreement before the full application is submitted.
- Companies or private organisations applying must have at least 5 employees. They particularly encourage applications from small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Both partners must exhibit sound finances and a reasonable turnover. They must also both have been operating for about three years.
- Note that no organisation, private or public, is eligible for funds if it is involved in any of the following:
- The manufacture of arms and/or their components
- The tobacco industry
- The alcohol industry
How to Apply
In the first step, project ideas should be submitted online via given website.
- Africa: Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia
- Latin America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala
- Western Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia
- Eastern Europe: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
For more information, please visit Demonstration Grants.