Applications are now open for the 2022 Women for the Environment (WE) Africa’s Leadership Program to operate within a horizontal flat structure; driven by mutual respect of ideas and opinions rather than hierarchy guiding the decisions.
Five Foundational Pillars
- Personal Leadership Growth: You will be able to clearly identify your leadership style, values, purpose and goals and lead with greater self-awareness, courage and influence.
- Wellbeing and Wellness: You will feel healthier and more energized through a focus on holistic wellbeing and stress management tools, no matter where you work or what challenges you face. This will improve your resilience so you can keep going and pay it forward to others.
- Relationships of Collaboration and Peacebuilding: You will be able to build and maintain more productive relationships and help create a culture of collaboration and inclusion, rather than competition.
- Innovation and Inspiration: You will cultivate a growth mindset and be able to more easily embrace failure and take smart risks. You will share new ideas that will inspire you and foster innovation.
- Strategic Influence to Scale Impact: You will be able to use your visibility for personal and collective impact within your communities, teams, organisations and countries.
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in the environmental sector today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and to pursue personalized leadership development activities to realize that vision
- Monthly online sessions designed to fit around and complement your work
- Two in-person retreats for intensive community-building and personal and collective growth
- African nationals, current citizens of a country in Africa, or those who have had permanent residency in Africa for a minimum of 15 years
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental space in government, NGO, or private sector in Africa including at least 5 years serving in a senior leadership role
- A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12-month program
- A record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental leaders
- Access to reliable internet
- Able to speak and understand English conversationally
- A commitment to:
- contribute USD $500 toward the cost of the course to secure your place; and
- cover your travel costs to two in-person retreats for an estimated $1,500. Together your contribution represents approximately 15% of the course value.
For more information, visit https://womenforenvironment.org/2022-applications/