Nominations are now open for the 2021 Global Energy Show Awards.
Hosted on September 22, 2021 the Global Energy Show Awards shine a spotlight on excellence in the energy industry. Recognizing leaders, innovators and trail blazers in energy, companies and individuals are recognized for disrupting the industry and promoting healthy advancement of the sector.
- Collaborative Trendsetter Award: The Collaborative Trendsetter Award is designed to recognize those who understand the value of collaboration. These organizations are collaborating with others outside of their own organization to improve effectiveness (what is done) and efficiency (how it is done). This category is open to applicants across the energy supply chain and must involve two or more organizations outside of your organization.
- Disruptive Digital Innovator Award: The Disruptive Digital Innovator Award recognizes novel digital technologies advancing the energy industry. All technologies in this category should be at stages of initial production and rollout, full production mode, or commercial (post-pilot stage). This category is open to digital technology concepts that are less than five years old and are considered “game changers” in the energy industry.
- Emerging Clean Technologies Award: The Emerging Clean Technologies Award is focused on innovative technologies or processes that improve environmental performance or decrease cost of production in the energy industry through significant energy efficiency improvements, the sustainable use of resources, or environmental protection activities. (Note: Carbon Credits will not be considered). Technologies in this category are in the post pilot, proven category that have positive impact on the environment (TRL 6-7). Clean technologies in this category can include but are not limited to:
- GHG emission reduction and/or monitoring technologies
- Gas-to-Power projects
- Sustainable lithium extraction process for electric vehicle battery manufacturing
- Carbon capture, utilization and storage or sequestration
- Soil remediation
- Water technologies (e.g., monitoring, cleaning, treatment, demineralization, water utilization, energy generation)
- Emerging Leader Award: The Emerging Leader Award acknowledges an up-and-coming individual whose efforts have already made a significant contribution to their organization, industry or community that go above and beyond their normal day to day duties. The nominee should stand out in terms of strategic thinking, leadership, community involvement and the pursuit of excellence in their field. The nominees in this category will have been in the energy industry for 10 or less years. Self-nominations are permitted in this category. Please provide two letters of reference indicating the nominee’s suitability for this award.
- Excellence in ESG Award: The Excellence in ESG Award recognizes companies who demonstrate consistent excellence in managing the environmental, social and governance of its operations responsibly. Nominees for this category will have made significant contributions to the betterment of the communities they serve through job creation, economic development, educational and social programs, or sustainability. Companies in this category will demonstrate a new and creative approach to ESG that is changing the way its projects are considered or executed and goes above and beyond what would be perceived as normal community engagement by an organization.
- Excellence in Power Generation Award: The Excellence in Power Generation Award acknowledges companies who demonstrate their commitment to producing economically and environmentally sustainable power generation. Organizations in this category may provide solutions like, but not limited to:
- Big data application
- Bioenergy for power production
- Energy storage (including batteries, novel materials, other storage systems)
- Industrial automation (IIOT, SCADA, machine learning and cyber security)
- Low carbon power generation
- Vertical integration to achieve environmental performance
- Process controls
- Small modular nuclear reactors
- Smart grid technologies and meters
- Solar (PV and thermal)
- Wind (onshore/offshore)
- Innovation in Technologies: Equipment or Process Controls Award: The Innovation in Technologies – Equipment or Process Controls Award recognizes highly disruptive innovations in equipment that have had a major impact on energy efficiency, emissions, economics, scheduling, or quality. This category also acknowledges projects, products, or services specific to controls that make a positive impact to the industry. All technologies in this category should be at either: initial production and rollout, full production mode, or commercial (post-pilot).
- Suzanne West Environmental Excellence Award: The Suzanne West Environmental Excellence Award serves to recognize any efforts, initiatives or technological advancements that have minimized or eliminated the environmental footprint of the oil and gas industry. This award is specific to environmental technologies/initiatives used in the oil and gas industry. All environmental technologies in this category should be at either: initial production and rollout, full production mode, or commercial.
For more information, visit https://www.globalenergyshow.com/special-features/global-energy-show-awards/