The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership is excited to announce the 2nd Accelerator to Net Zero Programme for Startups with high impact potential for enabling the net zero transition, accelerating their pathway towards commercial success in sustainability-driven markets.
Six-week, free-of-charge, virtual Accelerator programme with bespoke one-to-one mentoring, culminating in a Demo Day in Cambridge.
It is essential the world economy reduces CO2 emissions in order to help fulfil net zero targets, and the opportunities that it presents for new businesses are vast. Zero carbon solutions are now becoming competitive across all sectors representing 25% of emissions. This accelerator aims to help you transform your skillsets, challenge your preconceptions and prepare your enterprise for the next steps on its journey.
The emphasis of the programme is on product development for maximising the opportunities arising from the net zero transition, and on launching these new products in increasingly sustainability-driven markets.
Content and Benefits
- There will be dedicated support and comprehensive workshops on
- Creating social and economic value from net zero transition opportunities,
- Explore challenges in product development and marketing for the net zero economy,
- Protecting and commercialising intellectual property rights,
- Negotiating effectively,
- Securing funding,
- Pitching and putting it into practice in a demo day.
The programme offers bespoke one-to-one mentoring, peer-to-peer networking, and access to CISL’s sustainability ecosystem. In addition, there will be a dedicated networking session with their programme sponsor, The British Standards Institution.
The cohort will benefit from interacting with leading experts from the industry, investment and entrepreneurial communities. The qualifying alumni will have the chance to get a free, six months-long virtual membership to the Canopy.
- Incorporated in England at least one year prior to the start of the programme. The priority will be given to those located in parts of the East of England.
- Employ full-time staff.
- Have already secured external funding.
- Have innovative product(s) and service(s) with clear potential to accelerate the net zero transition.
- Be at the early stage of market entry or the piloting stage.
For more information, visit https://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/work-with-us/canopy-incubator-and-accelerator/accelerator-net-zero-ii#_edn1