The Palestine CleanTech Innovation Competition – 3rd Edition 2023 is launched within the activities of the Palestine CleanTech Innovation Program (PCIP), orchestrated by the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) in Palestine within the MOUSTADAMA Programme, funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented in partnership with the Ministry of National Economy (MNE) and the Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Empowerment (MoEE).
The Competition fosters strategic technological innovation and aims to solve energy challenges of the industrial sector to increase its competitiveness and resilience. Through its newly prototyped cleantech ideas, the Competition contributes to mitigating the impact on the environment through the reduction of gas emissions.
The main areas covered by the CleanTech Programme include:
- Develop and animate the Clean Technology Innovation Ecosystem in Palestine through the establishment of a Network of CleanTech Hubs;
- Organize the CleanTech Competition and develop related CleanTech Acceleration services; and
- Promote and establish linkages to similar hubs through international networking and market exposure.
The business ideas, prototypes, and products should fall into the Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy (RE), and Water-Energy Nexus (Efficiency) categories and aim to solve the energy challenges of the industrial sector.
- 3 best start-up ideas will be awarded up to 25,000 Euro each; up to 3 national winners will be selected to participate in the GCIP annual Global Forum in Silicon Valley.
- Note: The GCIP Global Forum might be conducted online if new sanitary measures imposing travel restrictions are adopted.
What Will You Get?
- Participation in the Cleantech Palestine’s acceleration program designed by GCIP, Cleantech Open, and other recognized cleantech accelerators;
- Participation in intensive business model and product development training;
- Great opportunity to work with professional mentors and experts;
- Networking opportunities with various innovative cleantech startups, companies, and technologies;
- Access to the angel investors, venture capitals, and other sources of funding;
- Access to potential customers;
- Access to media exposure & coverage;
- Access to the hubs’ facilities, R&D and prototyping labs, and coworking spaces;
- Participation in clean technologies and business-related workshops, events, and additional training.
Why Should You Apply?
- The Palestine CleanTech Innovation Program has the only cleantech accelerator in Palestine that cooperates with the UNIDO’s Global Cleantech Innovation Program (GCIP), Cleantech Open – the largest cleantech accelerator based in Silicon Valley, and other international cleantech accelerators and programs;
- Besides the monetary prizes, you could get the chance to establish a start-up concept, a fully developed product, networking opportunities including exposure to investors, a clear future roadmap for your startup, and the possibility of getting funds.
The Program is addressed to individuals and teams having innovative cleantech business ideas, proof of concepts, prototypes, and /or products, and/or to start-ups (generally less than a few years old, and before significant funding, revenue, or traction). The competition is open to Palestinian Entrepreneurs based in Palestine and abroad.
For more information, visit https://moustadama.ps/CleantechCompetition2023