Applications are now open for the Integration Through Sport Programme.
The aim of this programme is to help introduce new sports to a school to provide opportunities for pupils to experience sports normally associated with just one cultural tradition in Northern Ireland. The sports which will be considered eligible are Hockey, Hurling, Camogie, Cricket, GAA Football and Rugby.
Consideration may also be given to support schools which have recently started on the ‘integrated’ sports journey and would benefit from further investment.
- The programme will support coaching, apparel and equipment.
- Integrated Primary Schools can apply for funding up to £1,500.
- Integrated Colleges can apply for funding up to £3,000.
- Projects can begin from 01 September 2023 and must be completed by 30 June 2024.
- Schools should guarantee that this sport is provided during the school day and not solely as an after-schools activity, to ensure that all pupils of all traditions and faiths can participate.
- A maximum of £165 per day is available for sub-cover/teacher costs.
- Single resource items over a value of £100 will not be funded unless specifically requested at application stage.
- Should an application seek support for apparel, they would expect the IEF’s logo to be featured.
For more information, visit Integrated Education Fund.