As the programme in Kenya evolves throughout the year with projects being developed on a rolling basis, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is looking for potential partnerships to deliver projects.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) develops projects on a rolling basis. This means that programmes evolve as opportunities emerge at any time of the year. This necessitates having a pool of credible and capable prequalified local NGOs, from whom Project Partners can be identified to support the delivery of a given project and in a particular geographical focus area. It is also from this pool that TdH-NL can co-create evidence based projects with project partners and targeted beneficiaries.
This pre-qualification has two main objectives:
- To identify local NGOs that has expertise in relevant thematic programme areas as stated below.
- To develop a database of credible local partner NGOs from whom partners for different projects, aligned to TdH-NL’s themes will be drawn from, as and when appropriate.
- Worst Forms of Child Labour (WFCL).
- Child Trafficking and unsafe Migration (CTM);
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC);
- Child Abuse which includes violations of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (CA/SRHR) such as child marriage, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and teenage pregnancies; and
- Humanitarian Assistance (HA) mainly integrated into the other four themes.
Duration of Prequalification
- Prequalified NGOs will remain on call for any programming opportunities in their approved thematic programme and geographic area for a period of 5 years (2021-2025) and will be eligible for re-prequalification.
- TdH-NL fights child exploitation through quality programmes, capacity building of local civil society organisations, promotion of child rights and lobby for better compliance with the UNCRC and other internal and local instruments. A sustainable and holistic approach based on TdH-NL’s Theory of Change is deployed to address child exploitation through our 5 Ps: Prevention, Provision, Promotion, Prosecution, Partnership and Participation.
- Rescue, rehabilitation and resettlement of children from the worst forms of exploitation is the focus of TdH-NL’s service provision projects, with interventions that include vocational skills training, formal education, psychosocial support and livelihood support to vulnerable children and their families.
They are looking for local civil society organizations that fit the following description and requirements:
- Only local organizations registered in Kenya are eligible for prequalification.
- NGO must have been in existence for a period not less than three (3) years.
- NGO can apply for prequalification for a minimum of one and a maximum of two out of the five thematic programme areas
- NGO must have a verifiable performance track record in the thematic programme area for which it is seeking prequalification.
- NGO must be present in the stated and anticipated geographical areas of operation, namely Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu, Busia, Turkana, Mandera, Marsabit, Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale counties and at national level. Counties neighbouring the above can also be considered on a case by case basis.
- Feminist NGOs that work with girls and young women are encouraged to apply, particularly for our lobby and advocacy programme in Kwale County and at national level
- NGOs must demonstrate strong financial management capacity with regular organizational and project financial audits (at least for the last 2 years audited accounts).
- Current partners of TdH-NL in Kenya are not eligible to apply.
- All interested organisations must fill in the TdH-NL Partner Capacity Assessment Form Kenya
- All applications must be received by COB 2nd October 2020 through given Information.
- Any requests for clarification on this call should be directed to given site.
- As part of the prequalification process, all candidate organisations shall undergo a detailed partner capacity assessment process.
*They regret that due to the expected high number of applicants, only NGOs in whom we shall have further interest will be contacted.
For more information, visit https://www.terredeshommes.nl/en/latest/invitation-to-kenyan-civil-society-organisations-apply-for-partner-pre-qualificat