Deadline: 30 November 2016
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for its 2017 Borlaug Global Research Alliance Fellowships in order to improve agricultural productivity, economic development, and food security. It offers training and collaborative opportunities for agricultural research, international agricultural economics, leadership, and policy to researchers.
Fellows will work with a mentor at USDA’s Agricultural Research Service or a U.S. university for up to 12 weeks on climate change mitigation research.
- Provide early-to-midcareer agricultural research scientists, faculty, and policymakers with individual training opportunities in climate change mitigation research
- Provide practical experience and exposure to new perspectives and/or technologies that can be applied in their home institutions
- Foster increased collaboration and networking to improve agricultural productivity and trade
- Facilitate the transfer of new scientific and agricultural technologies to strengthen agricultural practices
- Address obstacles to the adoption of technology such as ineffectual policies and regulations
Targeted Research Areas
- Developing Tools for Greenhouse Gas and Carbon Sequestration Assessments
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity in Crop Production Systems
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity in Livestock Production Systems
- Developing Databases and Strategies for Synthesis, Integration and Decision Support to Manage Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Carbon Sequestration in Agricultural Systems
To be considered for the Borlaug Fellowship Program, candidates must:
- Be citizens of an eligible country (mentioned below)
- Be fluent in English
- Have completed a Master’s or higher degree
- Be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two years of practical experience
- Be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country
- Demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ghana, Honduras, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
For more information, please visit Borlaug Global Research Alliance Fellowships.