Deadline: 15 September 2016
The Canon Foundation in Europe, in co-operation with the European University Institute in Florence is currently inviting applications for its Co-sponsored Research Fellowships. In this programme, one Japanese national or permanent resident of Japan will go to Florence, Italy, to carry out post-doctoral research. Information on research areas can be obtained from the European University Institute website.
The Fellowships are for the duration of one year, from September to August.
- The stipend is € 2,000 per month. Successful applicants benefiting from other grants or salaries must disclose this to the Canon Foundation in Europe and the European University Institute, as the amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (€ minimum 1,250 per month) in function of the additional income.
- A household allowance of € 300 per month is paid to Fellows with a partner when the partner accompanies the fellow in Florence and on the condition that the partner’s income does not exceed € 2,000 per month.
- Fellows (but not their families) receive one tourist class return trip from their home town to Florence (calculated not to exceed € 1,200).
- Candidates of Japanese nationality or permanent residence are eligible for the Fellowships.
- The Fellowships are intended to support post-doctoral research by academics in the early stages of their professional career, in any of the research areas of the European University Institute.
- The Fellowships are open to candidates who have successfully defended their Ph.D. at the time of the start of the Fellowship (1 September each year).
- Appropriate extensions to the five year rule will be allowed in the case of applicants whose academic career has been interrupted because of maternity leave or illness.
- In particular, for each maternity leave, an additional year will be permitted, while in the case of a long or recurrent illness, the total period of illness may be taken into account in calculating eligibility.
- Explanation of such circumstances should be included in the application. Supporting documents will be requested from candidates proposed for selection.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to the Canon Foundation in Europe via given website.
Eligible Country: Japan
For more information, please visit Co-sponsored Research Fellowships.