Deadline: 11 April 2017
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is seeking fellows for its “The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship” which gives academic and professional opportunities to women journalists who focus on covering human rights and social justice.
During this fellowship, the selected journalist will have the chance to complete research and coursework at MIT’s Center for International Studies and participate in internships with media outlets including The Boston Globe and The New York Times. The flexible structure of the program allows Fellows to pursue academic research and hone reporting skills. Past Fellows have taken advantage of opportunities to publish work under their bylines through various media outlets.
- A fixed monthly stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship.
- Round-trip economy airfare will be purchased from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary.
- For fellows residing outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women journalists worldwide whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- Journalists working in print, broadcast and/or Internet-based media, including freelancers, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years professional experience working full-time in news media.
- Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit a complete online application form with the following information:
- Current resume or CV
- Statement of Interest with Fellowship Goals
- Two work samples (links preferred)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interested Applicants must submit their applications online via given website.
For more information, please visit IWMF.