Deadline: 30 September 2017
The Arwa Fellowship for Yemeni women in civil society and public service is a semester- or year-long individual, non-resident fellowship for women working in civil society or the public sector in Yemen.
Fellows will receive a grant which can be used for training, university tuition, or other professional development expenses, or to fund a specific capacity-building initiative. Fellows will work closely with YPP staff and volunteer advisors to design their initiatives or otherwise advance their civil society/public service careers.
Fellows will receive cash grants totaling $2,000-$5,000 over the course of a semester, or $4,000-$10,000 over the course of a full year.
- To be eligible for the Arwa Fellowship, applicants must be women currently working in civil society or public service.
- This includes employees of charitable organizations, think-tanks, other nongovernmental organizations, and government agencies.
- This fellowship is intended for women working and living in Yemen, but applications from Yemenis living outside of Yemen may be considered, so long as their work in some way benefits Yemeni citizens.
- Applicants from any governorate are welcome, but preference will be given to residents of Abyan, Aden, al-Baydha, al-Dhali’, Hadhramawt, al-Hudaydah, Lahj, al-Mahrah, Marib, Ta’iz, Sa’dah, and Soqotra governorates.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Yemen
For more information, please visit The Arwa Fellowship.