Reporters Without Borders Germany is calling for applications for its Berlin Scholarship Program: Empowering Journalists in the Digital Field.
Ten journalists from crisis areas will be invited to Berlin for a period of four months each.
- Professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals and citizen journalists who
- Are exposed to digital threats due to their work in their home regions.
- Want to learn and work extensively with digital security in order to improve their personal security.
- Are interested in passing on the knowledge acquired during the scholarship program to colleagues in their home regions and, ideally, already have some experience in teaching or other areas of knowledge transfer.
- Are able and willing to fully participate in the program. They expect the applicants to be available for all activities of their program including the comprehensive training for digital security. Please plan with about 20 to 25 hours per week from the second until the fourth month of your stay in Berlin
- Applicants must have a very strong command of the English language, as the whole scholarship program will be conducted entirely in English.
- Applicants must have adequate experience working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or a citizen journalist.
- A high level of proficiency in regards to digital security is not required; anyone who is used to working with a computer and smart phone can apply.
- Are able and willing to fully participate in all activites of the program
- In addition, applicants must show that they are willing to return to their home region after the fellowship in Germany.
- Previous teaching experience would be desirable.
For more information, visit https://www.reporter-ohne-grenzen.de/en/scholarships/berlin-scholarship-program/announcement-application