Are you making a positive impact by supporting refugee communities or innovating in the sustainable building industry? Apply now for the One Young World scholarship, supported by Holcim.
Driven by its purpose to build progress for people and the planet, Holcim partnered with the Norman Foster Foundation to develop the Essential Homes Research Project, a model for comfortable, durable and dignified housing for people in displacement. In this partnership, the Norman Foster Foundation designed essential housing to provide safety, comfort and wellbeing for displaced communities who can live in temporary settlements for over twenty years. Holcim provides its most innovative and sustainable solutions, from ECOPact low carbon concrete to Elevate Insulation boards, to make sustainable building accessible to all.
To broaden the conversation around providing essential housing for all, Holcim is pleased to partner with One Young World to offer the Building for Peace Scholarship. This programme will enable five young leaders to participate in the upcoming One Young World Summit 2023 as part of Holcim’s global delegation.
In particular this scholarship will support young leaders who are making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Innovation for affordable and sustainable housing.
- Supporting refugee and vulnerable communities.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, United Kingdom which takes place from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast between 1 – 6 October.
- Travel to and from Belfast (economy).
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days).
- Ground transport that may be required between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Pre-programme in Belfast.
- In addition, scholars will receive a unique opportunity to join the Holcim community, extend their network, and meet passionate young changemakers. Holcim will support you and guide you throughout the Summit experience and beyond.
- You should apply for this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global issues in your work.
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
For more information, visit One Young World.