The Opportunity Agenda is now accepting applications from U.S.-based artists and cultural strategists for the 2022 cohort of Culture & Narrative Fellows!
- The Fellowship is a six-month opportunity for artists and cultural strategists who are grappling with how to dismantle and replace the dominant narratives of the time — especially those informing racial justice and immigrant rights — for true economic justice.
- A total of five Fellows will be selected during this cycle. The Fellowship term begins January 11, 2022 and ends June 28, 2022.
- $15,000 to assist you with your proposed project
- Narrative and cultural strategy support via up to three customized advisement sessions led by The Opportunity Agenda team which may include but are not limited to: research briefings in your area/s of interest; media interview and public speaking training or coaching; training in narrative & message framing; social media and digital strategy support.
- Opportunities to be introduced to members of the broader network of creatives and advocates.
That’s up to you! Examples might include:
- A creative digital intervention highlighting the relationship between food security and a green future that reaches tens of thousands on Instagram
- The design and pilot of a new podcast centering a non-ableist culture of care
- Working with a community to imagine the neighborhood they want through a series of murals/other visual means or developing replicable protest art/performances for grassroots organizing
- Engaging youth activists around the theme “They Can Thrive Together”through cultural means (posters, fashion, new technologies, music, etc.)
- Designing a cultural strategy toolkit around economic justice that offers the field new information and methods to help inspire the public imagination
- Are you just as likely to be drawing attention to the need for better wages or healthcare as you are to your latest film project, installation, or creative campaign They want to hear from you!
- They’re looking for bold and inspired creatives who:
- Are pursuing or want to pursue an informed and people-centered approach to a narrative challenge around economic justice
- Understand the power of affirmative messaging (i.e., “Healthcare is a Human Right,” “Future Over Fear,” and “Black Lives Matter”)
- Know exactly who they want to reach.
- Applicants must agree to:
- Define project milestones for their Fellowship and actively work to meet them
- Allow The Opportunity Agenda to promote any work produced during the Fellowship across its network for one year, but Fellows retain full rights to any work produced during the fellowship term
- Attend a remote welcome orientation and a remote closing session with the 2022 Fellows and The Opportunity Agenda
- Participate in 2-3 advisement sessions on topics of their choosing
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship, submit a reflection on how their Fellowship helped to address their narrative challenge that can be shared with the network – can be text, sound recording, visual, etc.
For more information, visit https://www.opportunityagenda.org/culture-narrative-fellowship-call