The Technology Innovation Agency is pleased to announce Call for Proposals for Tourism Technology Grassroots Innovation and Incubation Programme to support a pipeline of tourism-tech entrepreneurs of young women and/or people with disabilities who can develop disruptive/progressive technologies for the industry, as well as to facilitate the introduction of new concepts that will help boost, sustain and create more jobs in the tourism industry.
It is a jointly developed initiative between Technology Innovation Agency and the Department of Tourism.
Technology Innovation Agency and the Department of Tourism are inviting both existing and prospective young women innovators and people with disabilities in the Tourism sector to submit funding applications for the development of technologies addressing the needs of the tourism sector, with strong emphasis on digital and green technologies.
Selected innovators will receive grant funding for the proposed innovation including the following benefits:
- Intellectual Property Support.
- Product & technical development expertise, design, infrastructure, hard/software materials and manufacturing.
- Business development support.
- Networking and market access activities.
- Training, mentorship and incubation support.
- Industry compliance and certification.
Applicants applying must meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens,(Women and People with Disabilities).
- women and people with disabilities.
- Aged between 18–35
- Proposal must have a significant cost effective, impactful intravel, tourism, hospitality and related businesses and trades.
- Proposals must have high potential for commercialization, scalability and job creation.
- Specifically, for women and people with disabilities if its sitting here it might get lost and people may not really pay attention.
For more information, visit https://www.tia.org.za/blog/2021/07/27/9109/