New School, in Tbilisi, Georgia, with the support of the European Union and the International Baccalaureate, is pleased to announce its Call for Applications for the Eastern Partnership European School Scholarship programme for the academic year 2023/2024.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is a two-year educational programme primarily aimed at 16-to-19-year-olds in 140 countries around the world. The Programme provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognised by many universities worldwide. Students will be offered a European-focused learning programme that promotes European values of multiculturalism and multilingualism.
- The European-focused IB Diploma Programme will be delivered by New School in Tbilisi, Georgia, an authorised IB School since 2010 and a partner of the European Union.
- The Scholarship programme is funded by the European Union.
- The scholarship covers the full two-year cycle of the IB Diploma Programme, plus boarding costs, where relevant.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the first academic year and will be automatically extended to the second academic year, subject to the students’ successful completion of year 1. Students will not need to reapply for a scholarship in their second year.
- Included in the scholarship:
- Tuition fees for academic year 2023/2024 for the European focused International Baccalaureate Programme at the New School located in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Boarding in Tbilisi, Georgia, including meals. Students will be accommodated in the on-campus dormitory at New School premises.
- Round trips between Tbilisi and family residence, during two school breaks.
- Allowance for local transportation, accessible to each student on a personal debit card of a local bank in Georgia.
- Study materials and resources needed for students to perform in the programme (books, laptops, calculators, and smartphones for the duration of the studies).
- Participation in EU sponsored seminars, conferences, study tours and other events.
- Medical insurance.
- The competition for the scholarship is based on merit and open at no cost to applicants who meet the requirements.
- Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova or Ukraine and be able to receive an international travel document to go to Georgia.
- Reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova or Ukraine at the time of application.
- Meet the grade/age requirements set for their country, as set out in Table 1.
- Be enrolled in a secondary school in one of the six countries at the time of application
- Demonstrate a minimum average of 70% of GPA * over the previous and current year of secondary school studies.
- Have previously studied English and demonstrated English language ability at the time of registration (B2 Level and higher).
- Knowledge of another EU language will be considered as an advantage.
- Students who are required to complete military service in their final grade of school may not be eligible.
- Students who already hold a high school graduation diploma or certificate are not eligible to apply.
- Important Note:
- For Ukraine: Currently be a legal permanent resident of Ukraine, located in Ukraine or relocated to one of the countries identified in Chart 1 starting from 1 February 2022.
- For Belarus: Currently be a legal permanent resident of Belarus, located in Belarus or relocated to one of the countries identified in Chart 1 starting from August 2020.
For more information, visit European Union and the International Baccalaureate.