What is a Global Footprints Scholarship?
- A Global Footprints Scholarship is a great opportunity to kickstart your career and drive your passion for sustainability.
- It gives young Australians like you the opportunity to travel the world, learn about sustainability and shape a better future for yourselves and the world.
- Scholarships are available for Agriculture, Horticulture and many Trades.
- Scholarships are awarded once a year.
- With an Agriculture Scholarship, you have the opportunity to travel far and wide, exploring different economies and cultures and exploring areas of interest such as cropping, livestock management, production horticulture and agribusiness. There is so much to learn and share about sustainable farming!
- They work closely with the industry and training partners to ensure your scholarship places you ahead of the game and on top of the current key frontiers of animal welfare, food integrity and social licencing.
- The scholarship is your opportunity to follow your passion, explore possibilities and create a career that you love while making an impact for sustainability.
- As a Trades Scholar, you will be inspired by travelling the world and seeing how others are are kicking goals, solving problems and transforming your industry one job at a time.
- Trade Scholarships are available in the areas of:
- Transport and Logistics
- As a Horticulture Scholar, you will have the opportunity to explore vegetation, gardens and green spaces around the world, while extending your knowledge of the impact of climate on biodiversity.
- You will be inspired by the innovation that is taking place in the trade and you will relish in the opportunity to discover new and creative ways to integrate plants into the built environment.
An opportunity for hands-on problem solvers
- This program, previously known as BBM Scholarships, is all about sustainability and supporting young people to create the future they want for themselves and their planet.
- These scholarships are exclusively for you if you are Vocational Education and Training (VET) trained in agriculture, horticulture or a trade; have a passion for sustainability in your industry, and a bright vision for Australia’s future.
- An $8000 travel grant to travel overseas for industry experience
- Networking and professional development workshops
- Global Footprints Scholarships are for young Australians in vocational careers and with vocational education and training backgrounds.
- Scholars will be selected based on their commitment to sustainability and their passion for their profession.
- You must:
- be between 18 and 25 years old on 30 June 2023.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- meet the requirements for vocational education and training in one of the 2023 scholarship categories and be committed to a hands-on vocational career.
- University students or graduates are unfortunately not eligible.
- demonstrate your commitment to sustainability and passion for your work.
- be able to leave Australia for your scholarship before the 31st of December 2024.
- make the necessary travel, visa and work experience arrangements to pursue your scholarship.
- spend at least 4 weeks of your time overseas on industry related activities.
For more information, visit Global Footprints Scholarships.