U.S. Embassy in Burundi is pleased to inform you that Humphrey Fellow applications are currently open.
Each year approximately 200 Fellows funded by the U.S. Department of State engage in non-degree study and related professional experiences at 18 American universities.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of non-degree academic study and related professional experience in the United States in many fields. Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in the public or private sector.
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- International Religious Freedom
- Must be a Burundian citizen or resident and a university graduate
- Must have a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Must have limited or no prior travel to the U.S.
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Must be competent enough in English to pass a TOEFL or Duolingo test
- There are a limited number of opportunities for long-term English language training if an applicant lacks the required English skills.
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy in Burundi.