Applicants are now invited to submit applications for the CHANAKYA Fellowship Program 2023.
CHANAKAYA (Comprehensive and Holistic Advancement of National Knowledge Yield and Analytics) fellowship programs are being offered under NM-ICPS being implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. The Fellowship Program offers an opportunity to UG, PG, Post Doctoral students/ researchers to do an in-depth analysis and identify solutions with a focus on emerging technologies like Cognitive Computing and Social Sensing.
iHub Anubhuti-IIITD Foundation (iHub Anubhuti) has been established by IIIT-Delhi as a Section 8 company to implement and realise the objectives of NM-ICPS of the Department of Science and Technology. The main focus of iHub Anubhuti will focus on new knowledge, technology solutions, skilled human resources, and an enabling eco-system for entrepreneurship in the field of Cognitive Computing & Social Sensing (CC&SS).
TiH aims at building a collaboration between industries, academia, and government agencies on developing data driven cognitive computing solutions, mainly in verticals – Healthcare, Legal Information System and Education in CC&SS. It will also encourage and promote entrepreneurial activities and start-ups in the areas of “Cognitive Computing & Social Sensing”. iHUB Anubhuti’s Comprehensive and Holistic Advancement of National Knowledge Yield and Analytics (CHANAKYA) GI are a great opportunity for the undergraduate students to enhance their learning, explore entrepreneurial skills and innovate across domains.
Proposals are invited from individual students or a team of students. There can be a maximum 2 students in a team and the students can be from different disciplines.
Benefits to enhance your career growth:
- Opportunity to enhance the learning, explore entrepreneurial skills and innovate.
- Get opportunity to interact with industries.
- Opportunity for entrepreneurial activities and start-ups.
- Monthly fellowship grant.
Objective: To create a pool of trained professionals in CPS domain to be problem-solvers or turn entrepreneurs.
- Fellowship Grant: Upto Rs.10,000 per month
- Duration: Upto 10 months(maximum)
Expected Outcomes: Novel method that may lead to translational technology (potential startup), source codes and datasets, research papers or patents, project report, trained professionals.
- The student must have completed Class 10th and 12th with minimum CGPA 6 or 60% marks.
- Undergraduate students of any discipline who have successfully completed atleast 6 semesters with minimum CGPA 6 or 60% marks in all 6 semesters.
- Applicant must be aspiring to work in the areas of “Cognitive Computing & Social Sensing”.
- Preference will be given to those proposals who have a faculty/Scientist mentor.
Terms & Conditions
- Students if availing any other Fellowship cannot apply for CHANAKYA, also if CHANAKYA Fellowship has been granted from iHub Anubhuti, the student cannot avail any other fellowship program.
- There could be maximum 2 students in a research project. If so, each student can apply for the CHANAKYA Fellowship individually. The fellowship would be granted to all the selected students individually subject to eligibility and selection. Such students should clearly identify in their application the need of a partner and make it clear that more than one person is submitting same proposal and each student should mention their partner’s name explicitly.
- There will be a monthly monitoring of the selected applications. iHub Anubhuti has the authority to end the fellowship without giving any reason or prior notice, if the fellow’s progress is deemed unsatisfactory.
- iHub Anubhuti reserves all rights to revise the eligibility criteria, reject any proposal without assigning reason at any time.
- Graduate fellowship is applicable during actual number of months (including summer and winter vacations) student has worked on the project with limit of maximum 10 months of academic year.
- All deliverables of the fellowship, e.g. publications or technology, must acknowledge the support of iHub Anubhuti IIITD Foundation.
For more information, visit CHANAKYA Fellowship Program.