If you’re looking to build your career in social impact, pivot your professional journey towards impact investing or hope to become a social entrepreneur, the ACT Fellowship Program is a unique opportunity for you to learn from leading investors and startup founders and gain real-world experience in venture philanthropy.
The ACT Fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to learn what it takes to leverage venture philanthropy for creating social impact at scale.
- 9 Month Full-Time Program: The ACT Fellowship is an intensive experience that enables you to learn what it means to apply venture capital principles to philanthropy.
- 4 Impact Spaces: As an ACT Fellow, you’ll work with one of our 4 focus areas i.e. ed-tech, public healthcare, climate action or gender inclusivity.
- 40 Hours/Week: Fellows will work with the ACT team on a wide array of projects including sector research, dealflow sourcing, due diligence, investment pitches, portfolio management, impact assessment, collaborative programs etc.
- 5 Fellows: They’re highly selective about who they invite into the program to ensure that the Fellows have an incredible peer-learning experience as well.
- The program is designed to help you learn while simultaneously applying what you’ve learnt to multiple live projects.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to learn from the ACT team as well as ACT’s network of industry experts through masterclasses, in-person retreats, portfolio field visits, quarterly team stepbacks and investment committee discussions.
- The cohort will be able to access collaborative peer-to-peer learning through a team project that aims to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.
- All Fellows will be paid a stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month and each graduating Fellow, on successfully completing the program, will receive an experience letter from ACT and, on request, a letter of recommendation from a member of the board of advisors.
Who are they looking for?
- Entrepreneurial Self-Starters: Ambitious go-getters who can think on their feet, are hungry to learn, enjoy taking on challenges and can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Passionate About Innovation: Individuals who deeply believe that innovation can accelerate social impact and are abreast of the latest technology trends in the impact space.
- Deeply Invested In Social Impact: Aspiring change-makers who are genuinely interested in the social sector and want to catalyse meaningful change.
- Fascinated By Venture Philanthropy: Sharp thinkers with a bias for action who are intrigued by the idea of applying venture capital principles to social impact.
- Resident Indian citizen
- Graduate of any discipline from an accredited university in or outside India
- At least 2 years of startup/investing/consulting/social sector work experience
- Please Note:
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and they have limited spots, so they encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- These questions are designed for them to get to know you better so please think through your responses well before submission.
- Please ensure that none of your responses are plagiarised from external sources; plagiarism will result in immediate rejection of the application.
Application & Selection Process
- Interested candidates will need to complete and submit an online application form before a stipulated deadline – those shortlisted will be invited for an in-person / virtual interview with a member of ACT’s leadership team.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and since they have limited spots, they would recommend you apply as soon as possible.
- Selected candidates will undergo reference checks before being matched with an ACT vertical for their Fellowship.
- The program will commence in September 2023.
For more information, visit ACT Fellowship Program.