The Hugh D.T. Williamson Foundation and the International Specialised Skills Institute (ISS Institute) are offering three (3) international applied research Fellowships in the amount of $10,000 each.
ISS Institute is seeking candidates for this Fellowship who are interested in exploring new and leading practice, innovation and leadership opportunities in Skill Enhancement within the aged care sector. The key areas of focus for the Hugh DT Williamson Foundation/ISS Institute Fellowship are:
- Infection protection and control
- Putting the older person first model of care
- Models of care-physical environment and planning
- Workforce planning
- In home care
- ‘Person centred care’
- Designing and influencing policy change in the age care sector.
- Fellowships in the amount of $10,000 each.
What does a Fellowship involve?
- Fellows must use their Fellowship payment to undertake applied international research
- Fellowship research may include meeting knowledgeable leaders, conducting interviews, observation, immersion in workplaces, undertaking specialised training or attending specialist conferences.
- Fellows must manage their Fellowship funds personally to arrange their travel and international activties.
- Fellows must prepare a formal Fellowship Report documenting findings and recommendations for industry/skills enhancement in Australia within 12 months of receiving their Fellowship. ISS Institute will assist with the editing, design and publication of this Fellowship Report.
- Fellows participate in a Fellowship Induction Program and are proudly supported by ISS Institute staff throughout the Fellowship period (and beyond).
- Fellows must arrange for time off work with their employer to undertake the overseas applied research component of their Fellowship. While the Fellowship is being awarded to the individual and not their employer, it is important that the employer supports the individual’s application and will enable to individual to meet Fellowship obligations.
- Fellows will be supported throughout their Fellowship by the ISS Institute team.
- Australian residents who have experience working in the aged care sector.
Conditions of Entry
- Fellowship application (including the attachments – curriculum vitae, 1 x letter of support, 1 x employer endorsement letter) must be received by the ISS Institute by the closing date.
- The duration of the international applied research component varies depending on the aims of the Fellowship.
- Successful applicants will enter into a contractual agreement with ISS Institute to ensure that all Fellowship requirements are met.
- Fellows must prepare a detailed Fellowship Report outlining their international research, findings and recommendations.
- The Fellowship, including publication of the final Fellowship Report, must be completed within 12 months.
- Fellows agree to disseminate their Fellowship learnings, findings and recommendations to peers, Industry leaders and other relevant bodies and report back to the ISS Institute about these.
- Their Fellows agree to be ambassadors of ISS Institute throughout their Fellowship and into the future.
- Their Fellows agree to take part in periodic evaluation, generally via surveys, so they can capture the im pact that a Fellowship has had at a personal, professional or industry level over time.
- While Fellowship applicants can be undertaking tertiary studies, the Fellowship cannot be used to gain a tertiary qualification.
- The selection panel decision is final and binding.
- Unsuccessful Fellowship applicants are welcome to apply for a Fellowship in the future.
For more information, visit ISS Institute.