The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice.
The IPRA Foundation was founded in 1990 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. The Foundation’s purpose is to promote peace research and scholarship throughout the world.
- Every other year (beginning in 1990) two women receive school expenses in the amount of $ 5,000 per year for two years.
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of the IPRA Foundation.
- Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program. Awards are considered based on need; therefore, students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
Required Application Material
- Application (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money.)
For more information, visit https://iprafoundation.org/2020-senesh-fellowship-announcement/