Deadline: 8 July 2016
The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) is seeking applicants for its Joint NAM S&T Centre – ZMT Bremen (Germany) Fellowship in Tropical Coastal Marine Research for the year 2016.
- To provide opportunities to the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to work with senior researchers and faculty members in ZMT Bremen for upgrading their research skills in the fields related to Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Modelling and Tropical Coastal Marine Systems.
- To facilitate the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to undertake short-term joint research projects at ZMT Bremen.
- To provide a mechanism to the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to use the equipment and facility of ZMT Bremen for their own research activities on mutually agreed terms and conditions.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts and create a network between the scientists and researchers from Germany and other developing countries.
- Depending on the research topic, the Fellows can also benefit from the ZMT’s association with the University of Bremen, Jacobs University, the Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology and other well-established marine institutes.
ZMT Bremen will provide a subsistence allowance of €1250 per month for accommodation, meals and out-of-pocket expenses in Bremen for the duration of the fellowship.
The maximum duration of Fellowship will be three months.
- The applicant must hold at least a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or an equivalent degree and should be actively engaged in research and development.
- There is no upper age limit, but younger scientists will be preferred.
- Selection is strictly on merit based on the scientific quality of the proposal submitted by the applicant.
- From a developing country only one scientist / researcher will be accepted in any given financial year.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please download the pdf Tropical Coastal Marine Research.