The one-of-a-kind program combines the power of sports with the goal of community development. By joining the fellowship, you will not only improve the lives of children, but also gain valuable perspective and leadership skills. Don’t miss out on this chance to make a difference and grow as an individual. Join the ‘Sports for Transformation’ fellowship!
It is an unique opportunity for youth from across India to work in schools among students and enable them to participate in sports. The two-year programme will place fellows at Kapadwanj, Gujarat in the first year followed by a location of their choice from various other locations where they function.
The remuneration for the fellowship will be 18000 INR + Accommodation + Travel reimbursement on actuals.
Why join the Sports for Transformation Fellowship?
Participating in the Sports for Transformation Fellowship can be a rewarding experience for many reasons. Not only will fellows be able to share their passion for sports with others, but they will also have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children who may not have access to sports programs otherwise. Additionally, being a part of the fellowship can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment, as well as valuable experience for those interested in pursuing a career in coaching or sports management and in developing the sports ecosystem of India from grassroots level.
Who is an ideal Sports for Transformation Fellow?
- They are looking for youth between the ages of 20-26, who have passion and commitment towards their movement that places every child’s right to play and learn at the heart of what they do.
- In order to be eligible for the fellowship, you must be an Indian citizen, and must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2023.
- Their cohort will be diverse. Youth from varied social and academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants with demonstrated experience in leadership roles in sports development, coaching and/or have participated in district or state level sports will be preferred but it is not mandatory.
The following is the eligibility criteria for the fellowship
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from one of the recognized Universities in India or abroad.
- Comfortable in Reading and Writing in English.
- Comfortable working with children from different communities.
- One of the following experience will be an advantage:
- Has been a sports person themselves, played at District/ State / National level.
- Has at least 6 to 12 months of experience working with children/young adults.
- Has at least 6 to 12 months of experience of working with communities on any of the development issues, such as Gender, Health, Sanitation, Rights etc.
- Has shown exemplary leadership skills in the past.
- Applicants should be of the ages between 20-26 years.
For more information, visit Dani Foundation.