Deadline: 18 August 2019
Applications are open for Myer Innovation Fellowship program that provides support to individuals rather than organisations.
The program seeks exceptional leaders across all sectors (private, public and non-profit) and from all types of professional backgrounds.
- High impact: likely to produce results in the areas of Education, Poverty & Disadvantage, and/or Sustainability & the Environment.
- Unique: different from existing approaches.
- Scalable and sustainable: the potential to scale up quickly and be sustainable over time.
Leaders who are:
- Experienced and entrepreneurial: a proven track record of achievement in their field and an appetite for risk-taking.
- Passionate and connected: a genuine commitment and passion for their cause and the network to make it happen.
What is Offered
- This program will provide these outstanding individuals with freedom from their day jobs to:
- Open productive new lines of inquiry
- Ask provocative questions
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- Develop new ideas, approaches, and strategies
- Fellows will each receive $120,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program and an additional $30,000 will be available to each Fellow for approved expenses such as work space, rent, travel and contracting of external expertise.
- The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Reside in Australia for the majority of the Fellowship period.
- Be prepared to take a sabbatical from their current role for twelve months.
- Have a proven track record of risk-taking, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Have an ability to turn ideas into action.
- Have well-developed networks within an area of the proposed project.
- The proposed project must:
- Be based in Australia.
- Be aligned with one or more of the subject areas of Education, Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, and Human, Civil and Legal Rights.
- Have been in development for not longer than three years.
- Through this program they will not fund:
- Benefits or fundraising events
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Dissertation research
- International projects
- Specific diseases
- Medical research
- Creative arts projects
- Collaborations between a number of individuals
- Projects that have been in development for more than three years
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Criteria : Australia
For more information, please visit http://myerfoundation.org.au/grants/other-programs/mif/applications/