Deadline: 18 August 2019
Applications are open for Myer Innovation Fellowship program that provides support to individuals rather than organisations.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program seeks exceptional leaders across all sectors (private, public and non-profit) and from all types of professional backgrounds.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- High impact: likely to produce results in the areas of Education, Poverty & Disadvantage, and/or Sustainability & the Environment.
- Unique: different from existing approaches.
- Scalable and sustainable: the potential to scale up quickly and be sustainable over time.
Leaders who are:
- Experienced and entrepreneurial: a proven track record of achievement in their field and an appetite for risk-taking.
- Passionate and connected: a genuine commitment and passion for their cause and the network to make it happen.
What is Offered
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- This program will provide these outstanding individuals with freedom from their day jobs to:
- Open productive new lines of inquiry
- Ask provocative questions
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- Develop new ideas, approaches, and strategies
- Fellows will each receive $120,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program and an additional $30,000 will be available to each Fellow for approved expenses such as work space, rent, travel and contracting of external expertise.
- The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Reside in Australia for the majority of the Fellowship period.
- Be prepared to take a sabbatical from their current role for twelve months.
- Have a proven track record of risk-taking, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Have an ability to turn ideas into action.
- Have well-developed networks within an area of the proposed project.
- The proposed project must:
- Be based in Australia.
- Be aligned with one or more of the subject areas of Education, Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, and Human, Civil and Legal Rights.
- Have been in development for not longer than three years.
- Through this program they will not fund:
- Benefits or fundraising events
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Dissertation research
- International projects
- Specific diseases
- Medical research
- Creative arts projects
- Collaborations between a number of individuals
- Projects that have been in development for more than three years
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Criteria : Australia
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://myerfoundation.org.au/grants/other-programs/mif/applications/