At Teach For Uganda (TFU), they believe that every child in Uganda, regardless of their socio-economic background, deserves an opportunity of an excellent education. Their innovative approach is designed to help improve the quality of education for all children in Uganda.
They are developing a movement of leaders to transform the life and learning outcomes of under-served children inside and outside of the education sector, with a common vision of providing every child with an opportunity to attain an excellent education.
Through their 2-year Fellowship, they recruit and train Uganda’s top university graduates and young professionals from all academic backgrounds into full-time teacher-leaders and place them in high-need rural and underserved government schools to drastically improve the learning and life outcomes of children in far-flung communities.
- A stipend and health insurance for two years — even during holidays.
- Cutting-edge global training in leadership and innovative teaching methods.
- Access to a global and local network of like-minded, passionate people working diligently to improve the lives of others in their community.
- Opportunity to develop fundamental leadership skills like strategic thinking, planning, community mobilization and persuasive communication.
- A dedicated leadership coach to guide your individual growth as a teacher, as an individual growth as a teacher, as an individual, and as a leader throughout the two-year fellowship.
- Continuous leadership development training to magnify your impact in the classroom, and to enhance your effectiveness as a change-maker.
- A networking opportunity to learn from a global Teach For All network of fellows, alumni, and leaders spanning over 60 countries and 6 continents.
- Personalized mentorship and coaching from dedicated leadership development coaches.
- Access to monthly internet data and free calls among Fellows.
- Acceptance into a fellowship program that is recognized by international universities and organizations alike.
- To apply, you must be a citizen of Uganda below the age of 35, you must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of study, and you must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
For more information, visit https://teachforuganda.org/