Deadline: 25 July 2019
U.S. Embassy in Djibouti has announced the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2020-2021 that brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas. Fellows are nominated based on potential for leadership and commitment to public service.
- Sustainable Development
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Democratic InstitutionBuilding
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
- Must be a Djiboutian citizen.
- Possess a degree.
- No age restriction, but priority given to ages 30-50.
- Are a mid-career professional in a leadership position who has a commitment to public service and the potential for professional experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years full-time professional experience beyond attainment of an undergraduate degree prior to August 2020.
- Have not attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2020.
- No recent U.S. experience of over six months during the five years prior to August 2020.
- No dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
- Good English language ability and be prepared to take TOEFL test (candidates should score higher than 525 on the paper based test (PBT), and 71 on the internet-based test (iBT).
- Are not U.S. Department of State employees or their immediate family members.
- Be in good health
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Djibouti
For more information, please visit https://dj.usembassy.gov/education-culture/hubert-h-humphrey-fellowship-program/