Deadline: 24 March 2017
The African Academy of Sciences and the NEPAD Agency’s Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) are seeking proposals for its Human Heredity and Health in Africa (H3Africa), a major genomic research programme with an aim to drive Africa’s research and development agenda and build scientific capacity across the continent.
- Targeting critical gaps in the research landscape
- Building R&D environments that support a vibrant research culture and leadership development over the long-term
- Supporting the development of an innovative and entrepreneurial culture
- Identifying and supporting rising research leaders to stay and build their careers in Africa.
- Disease susceptibility
- Disease acquisition and progression
- Responses to treatment
Up to to £2.5 million is available to each successful project focusing on communicable or non-communicable diseases.
- The lead institution of each successful H3Africa collaborative project must be based in Africa. Institutions may be required to provide the following additional information at the preliminary application stage, to enable us to assess their eligibility to receive funding:
- A statement of support from the head of the administering institution, explaining the mission of the institution and indicating how the proposal fits within the context of its strategic vision.
- Details of the main source(s) of funding and a description of the institution’s legal status, and whether it is able to enter into legal agreements in its own name and on its own account.
- Awards will be made to the lead institution. We expect the Principal Investigator to be based at the lead institution for the duration of the grant and to be responsible for leading the overall management of the grant.
- Strong collaborations between institutional partners within African countries are encouraged, as are collaborations with institutional partners outside the African continent who are able to contribute additional skills, resources, supervision, and mentorship as required.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit H3Africa Call for Proposals.